Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Earthquake .....but stand firm!


There is an earthquake in Singapore today, about 7:15 pm, due to a bad earthquake from Indonesia. I felt it. Using the same analogy, I felt quakes from the office, when 2 of my new colleagues, 2 weeks and 3 weeks old respectively, resigned today, due to cultural differences. Coincidentally, this afternoon, during a job interview, an interviewer asked, why do I move so often?

Things are really really moving very fast this decade, we moved as well... you never small know, for instance, an earthquake. There are many reasons for big movements or changes. I firmly tell myself that I do not need to account to anyone except myself. Even if there are external factors, I need to get myself to get the best out of it, protect my own interest, move on and NOT be affected by them.

Planning is only for myself, and if there is a change, I would need to change my plans fast. Panic in an earthquake is useless. Essentially an earthquake can change my physical position, but what's most important is, I am not emotionally affected by such changes. I cannot let outside factors affect me. So, I have to stay steady and cool :)

No comments: