Thursday, October 25, 2007

Sign of Relief.... Rest Chill Rest


I have decided to tender my resignation after a 3-month stint with the employer today. A funny comment from my supervisor, "Personally, if I was you, I would do so too.... as there is nothing for you to gain". I am also relieved to know that my 2 best-abled staff are also planning to leave subsequently, and that's truly a good sign for me to cut my losses today. Thus it is time to relax and think of nothing else. Time for Rest, Chill, Rest.

For further plans, I will think about it next Monday yo :)

More importantly, there is an important lesson from one of my subordinate, who is a Chinese Permanent Resident of Singapore. She will be migrating to Canada with her family, and I do respect her, because neither her nor her family have not been there before. Eleven years ago, she did not travel to Singapore before too, when she had decided to migrate here. That is something that Singaporeans do not have the courage, at least, not without going through a try-out phase. We have been too risk adverse, and perhaps, we have missed out the fun in life, haven't we? For that, I respect my subordinate!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

HiHi

tat's great - u finally did it ..
be cool and relax - tat's the way
life is .. . rite

Sukoshi Nihonjin said...

Thanks Melodii, I want to enjoy my life in a meaningful way, and yeah, to keep cool and relax is important.