Wednesday, May 21, 2008

How lucky are we?

I have watched many programmes on the Sichuan earthquake and the related charity shows on cable tv. It has touched lifes and it has affected us in some ways too. There are people, who lost their lives, loved ones and homes. Some even lost parts of their bodies, but it is for this incident, they became brave and vowed to continue their lives.

Yet on the other hand, we, in the civilised society, has taken our lives for granted. Have we really cherished it? I think I have not. I have complained about small, petty things and I have got stressed so often over unnecessary issues. What are these anyway? Am I finding problems for myself or solutions? The Sichuan incident, has definitely left a deep impression in my life and I hope that going forward, I will cherish myself and my loved ones more.

Who says we are not lucky?

No comments: