Monday, August 18, 2008

I hate taxes!

I was never really good at economics. In school, I studied to pass exams, and the minute after the exam is over, the memories would be half erased. The point I am directing, I am never really interested in economics despite having worked in the financial sector for near to 12 years. It is quite amazing to hear that stock market is coming down, recession is coming, but property prices are still fueling well, and taxes are getting higher coupled with the higher inflation. Essentially, my sentiments on that is that our dear Singapore government has written to tell me to pay higher property tax because the value of my house has appreciated (but I have not sold it at all, needless to say, make a profit out of it). So I am paying the S$102 for no reason, or for being "grateful" that the property has appreciated? In short, talk about sympathies by Mr Lee Hsien Loong after his national day speech yesterday, our Government is rubbing wound into salt?

Still, life goes on. What is most important, life goes on happily, despite some barriers or thorns on the way.

No comments: