Thursday, July 17, 2008

2 Magical Castles with Love




I have visited two castles this year, the top is the home of Cinderella (Tokyo) while the latter is that of Sleeping Beauty (Hong Kong). Despite being a smaller castle, I enjoyed the Sleeping Beauty Castle, being my first visit there. It appears small compared to Cinderella's, but it has the mountains as its background which makes it warm and real too. In short, I thought I would not enjoy it on Tuesday, but I did (since I have had really expectations prior to the visit).

It will not be fair to compare the number of rides between Tokyo & HK Disneyland, but they are 2 different theme parks totally and I did not try to compare them. Needless to say, Sleeping Beauty being a less popular princess has a significantly smaller home than Cinderella's. Though it was a hot sunny day, I was relieved that the park was not crowded (with mainlanders) and the queue was pretty short. There were also variations of the rides in both parks, and I enjoyed the attractions well too, plus it is new. Unfortunately, I completed the main rides by 3:00 and left the park after the parade at 4 pm after the parade. One funny thing though, most eateries in the HK disneyland serves Chinese food ranging from Tim Sum to Char Siew Rice, which is funny.

My favorite ride attraction must be Mickey's Phiharmagic particularly with Peter Pan & Wendy and Aladdin & Jasmine flying in the sky. Other enjoyable ones include It's a Small World (this one has Disney characters in it and we were busily searching for them throughout the rides), and Stitch Encounter (which was quite cute too).

Overall, it is still enjoyable day well spent in HK, and I have been thinking about it the last few days. I hope G-san & Melodii enjoyed the day at Disneyland too.

No comments: